LALA® Sour Cream Chicken Enchiladas
Woo! Check out this hot dish! Using LALA® Mexican Style Sour Cream, this chicken enchilada recipe serves 6 to 8 – just enough to satisfy the whole family. Give it try and tell us what you think.
- 1 lb chicken breast, diced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 8 (8 inch) flour tortillas, softened
- 1 1⁄2 cups grated monterey jack or Mexican blend cheese, divided
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1 (15 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 cup LALA® Mexican Style Sour Cream
- 1 (4 ounce) can chopped green chilies
Start out by pre-heating your oven to 400F. Lightly spray 9×13” baking dish with non-stick cooking spray. In another pan, cook chicken and onion together in oil over medium-high heat until chicken is just done. Divide the cooked chicken between 8 tortillas. Add 1 1/2 tablespoons cheese to each tortilla. Roll the enchiladas and place seam-side down in baking dish. Melt butter in a medium saucepan. Stir in flour to make a roux; stir and cook until bubbly. Gradually whisk in chicken broth then bring to boiling, stirring frequently. Remove from heat. Stir in sour cream and green chiles then pour sauce over enchiladas. Top with remaining 3/4 cup cheese and bake at 400F for 20 minutes until cheese is melted and sauce near edges of baking dish is bubbly.