LALA® Spicy Cream & Ham Pasta
Tonight, try this zesty protein-packed meal that your whole family will love. It’s a savory dish full of flavors with the added tanginess and creaminess of LALA® Mexican Style Sour Cream.
- 3/4 cup LALA Mexican Style Sour Cream
- 1 lb. pasta, any type serrano peppers to taste
- 7 oz. thick ham slices, diced
- 1/2 onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp. curry powder
- 3 tbsp. margarine
- 5 oz. bacon, thinly sliced
- 7 oz. mushrooms, quartered
- 1/3 cup cilantro, finely chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
Bring a pot of lightly salted water to boil. Add the pasta and cook until al dente, drain and set aside. In a pan, fry the bacon, cut finely and set aside. Fry the onion in a separate pan with half the margarine, add the diced pepper and mushrooms and brown until cooked half through. Add ham and curry and continue cooking for 2 more minutes, stirring occasionally. Finally, add the LALA Mexican Style Sour Cream and blend well. Add the pasta to the sauce while it is still hot, add the rest of the margarine, mix well and season with salt and pepper. Serve sprinkled with bacon and cilantro.