LALA® Kale of the Wild Strawberry – Kale Smoothie
Ah yes, the call of the kale – nature’s leafy green iron-rich superfood. Kale smoothies are all the rage right now – bitter rage. While nutritious, kale isn’t always the easiest to swallow because of its strong flavor. Don’t worry. LALA has discovered a way to tame the kale beast. It’s hidden in our list of ingredients. If you try this recipe and figure out what the secret is, shoot us a tweet @LALAYogurt.
- 1 cup of kale, washed and chopped
- 1 cup of fresh or frozen strawberries
- 1 7oz. bottle of LALA Wild Strawberry Greek Yogurt Smoothie
- 1 teaspoon of lemon or lime juice
- 1 cup of ice
- Add honey to taste
- Optional: Sprinkle a pinch of chia seeds on top of each smoothie for garnish and to add an extra dose of protein, healthy fats, fiber, and antioxidants.
First, take your blender pitcher out of the dishwasher and get that thing ready to go. Second, into your blender, add each layer of ingredients: ice, kale, lemon or lime juice, strawberries, LALA Wild Strawberry Greek Yogurt Smoothie and honey. Third, carefully start your blender and mix until you reach the consistency you want. Voila! You have a wild, creamy, nourishing kale smoothie that tastes great – not bitter. Pour into your favorite to-go tumbler, and enjoy the goodness of kale and Greek yogurt together. This recipe serves one to two.